Birkdale Village just announced the finalists for the center’s competition in Sing! 2011, a national vocal talent competition. The competition is taking place at 13 Developers Diversified Realty shopping centers throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Area soloists and vocal groups started by completing an online entry form and uploading an original audio performance of a song. These participants were listed on the Birkdale website along with their song and were voted on my online popular vote. The semi-finalists were the top vote getters in the online vote and will now perform LIVE at Birkdale in October. The pool of semifinalists (at each of the DDR centers) will be narrowed to three by a panel of local judges and audience text voting.
Video recordings of the top three live performances from each shopping center will then be posted online for a popular vote to decide the 11 finalists, and one last online vote will decide the Grand Prize Winner. The winning group will receive a $20,000 donation to the charity of their choice, $5,000 in Developers Diversified Realty MasterCard Gift Cards and the once-in- a-lifetime opportunity to record a song with Emmy® award-winning singer/songwriter, Kevin Briody. Soloists are competing for the chance to win a $5,000 donation to the charity of their choice, $2,500 in Developers Diversified Realty MasterCard Gift Cards and a once-in-a-lifetime experience with Emmy®-award-winning singer/songwriter Kevin Briody.
Here is a list of the local semi-finalists who will be performing this fall and competing for a spot in the national finals. Their songs can still be heard online at http://birkdalevillage.2011sing.com/sing-contest/3.
- Brandi Alden/Don’t Rain on My Parade
- McIntyre Barnhardt/American Honey
- Haley Vogel/Everybody Wants to Love
- Taylor Gastineau/Keep Holding On
- Wallace Foutch/Hallelujah
- Isabelle Moss/Beautiful
- Taylor Stamey/The Climb
- Natalie Vogel/Forget You
- Elizabeth Jackson/Keep Holding On
- Carsyn Yates/Turn on the Radio
- Heartbeat/You Belong with Me
- Pair of 9’s/Buttercup
- The Verses/If You Ever Believed
- The Helms Family/Leave the Pieces
- Darrell, Angela & Eric/Need You Now
- Queen City Groove/Yesterday
- Chasing Pedestrians/Kids
- Southern Chainz/Hotel California
- John Woodall & Miles to CLT/Bad Romance
- Cynergy/Rockin’ in a Free World