Thanks to all who attended today’s meeting…and a huge thank you to Salsarita’s for hosting (for the second time!). Salsarita’s has been so supportive and community-oriented and always responds positively to any requests by Huntersville Connection. It is exciting to see their outreach in the community and how they support local entities with their evenings dedicated to sharing proceeds.
Nearly 50 people attended this morning’s meeting and came unaware that we were trying a new format — speed networking! We only did three rounds of moving around and meeting a new table of people and the responses at the end of the meeting were extremely positive. Please continue to let me know if you like that format or would prefer to alternate with the “elevator speech” format.
If you’ll recall, there were also sheets of paper to encourage people to write down ideas for creative partnerships and some were quite specific. I promised I’d share them, so here’s a quick, bullet-point recap:
- HFFA would love to bring our new transitional kindergarten for a tour of store and cooking demo with moms…with Williams Sonoma
- Partner your business with the FallIntoHuntersville.com campaign. Let the committee know about your fall events so you can get additional exposure.
- Host “Artists in Action” with local artists painting, making art as well as displaying art. Businesses can make space available for this, inside or outside, and encourage more potential customers to drop in.
- Anyone looking to partner with a hotel or in need of meeting room space? Note your needs here in the “Want Ad” section or on the Huntersville Connection Facebook Page.
- HFFA supports fitness themes for Rural Hill Maize Maze.
- Training Ground helps HFFA support International Wheelchair Basketball Championships by coordinating massages for athletes.
- Salsarita’s and Presby Huntersville will partner in the Learn Well. Be Well. program — talking about food labels and how healthy food actually tastes good!
We only had three or four minutes for you all to converse and come up with potential partnerships….have you thought of more? Write them down, share them with the group and keep passing the word along about Huntersville Connection. You all are creating a successful collaborative.