You know it’s going to be a good meeting when a guy walks in with chocolate….especially Kilwin’s chocolate!
Today was the June meeting for the Huntersville Connection group and it was a great crowd of over 40 people! The wonderful thing about Huntersville Connection is that every meeting has new faces and today was no exception. In fact, in the short time that Huntersville Connection has been getting together, our mailing list now exceeds 130 names. For you all, that’s 130 potential opportunities and/or partners.
Some possibilities that came out of today’s meeting include:
- The need for sponsors/volunteers/participants for Bear Robinson’s December 3rd 1/2 marathon (Huntersville’s first!). Check out http://www.huntersvillehalf.com for more info.
- Exposure opportunities at Huntersville Family Fitness and Aquatics — July 2nd Firecracker 5K, the Kids Triathalon, the Biz Fitness Challenge
- Huntersville’s School Advisory Committee wants businesses to work with area schools — fundraisers, internships, speakers, proctors. Remember: The more you are out in the community, you are giving your business free exposure and cultivating audiences!
- MI-Connection is looking for story ideas
- Camps at the Latta Equestrian Center, Latta Plantation and other area destinations (remember, camps are a captive audience)
- Advertising opportunities at LKN Savings.com and Our Town Cinemas
- Event exposure at the Energy Explorium
- Fall Into Huntersville, the autumn showcase of what Huntersville has “going on” needs to include YOUR business or entity. The Fall Into Huntersville committee will meet next week at 8 a.m. Tuesday the 28th at Blue Harbor Bank.
Those of you who are in the service business can also take advantage of these events by offering your service with coupons, exhibits, specials, etc. We all seem to know Ann of Siam simply because she is everywhere! We are more likely to remember Ann when someone mentions an ache or pain or high stress….